Some parents believe that regular dental checkups for their children is not important since their first set of teeth milk teeth will eventually fall off. Though it is true babies’ teeth will eventually fall off, it is essential to cultivate good oral hygiene at an early age. Therefore, pediatric dentistry is still very important. A pediatric dentist offers care tips to prevent dental diseases teeth may be prone to.
Proper oral health care should start, as soon as your baby gets their first set of milk teeth between 3 to 6 months. It is important as a parent, you start embracing proper dental regimen as early as possible. This includes purchasing the right baby tooth brush, tooth paste and also regular pediatric dentist checkups at comfort dental kids Lakewood is home to.
A pediatric dentist is a specialized and trained dentist for kids between the ages of 6 months all through to adolescents. It is important that every child walks their oral healthcare journey with a reputable pediatric dentist. A highly skilled dentist will offer you as a parent and your child professional care tips for your child’s teeth at home depending on the individual condition of your child’s teeth as well as, how to spot anything that may be wrong with your child’s teeth.
Here are some of the services that a pediatric dentist can provide your child with:
1. Early detection of oral health problems that could potentially lead to serious oral health conditions like diabetes, hay fever, asthma, congenital heart problems, and many others.
2. Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of orthodontic conditions such as improper bite, and misaligned or crooked teeth.
3. Conduct oral health exams for infants who also include risk assessment of decay and cavities for both the baby as well as the mother.
4. Habit counseling for the use of thumb sucking and pacifier.
5. Treatment and care for dental injuries including fractured teeth or a damaged tooth.
6. Repair of decayed or damaged teeth
7. Prevention, management, and treatment of periodontal and gum and diseases
That said, there is a myriad of benefits you a parent and a child can reap from regular dental visits. This includes:
1. If you take your child to a pediatric dentist, you can rest assured that your child will obtain the best oral health care possible that other doctors can provide, not even your regular general dentist.
2. Pediatric dentist recommends that a child gets their first oral checkup as early as they get their first tooth. By doing this, the dentist will be able to detect early signs of any potential problems that could easily be rectified this include cavities and teeth decay.
3. Proper dental health care for children between 6 months to 12 years.
4. Offer special help to kids with special dental needs.
To conclude, children’s dentistry is very important, especially at a young age. Since at a young age the foundation for permanent white teeth needs to be set this also ensures kids grow up with all the basic knowledge and tips they require to maintain proper oral health care. Every parent wants the best for their children, there is no better way to show your child love and care than from the very first years of their life on earth. Proper dental health care is one of the best ways for a start to do this.